Brad Warren, Chairman.
Our vision: Healthy catchments and healthy oceans for sustainable, quality Australian Seafood.
OceanWatch Australia Ltd is a national not-for-profit environmental company that works to advance sustainability in the Australian seafood industry. OceanWatch key activities involve:
- enhancing fish habitats and improving water quality in estuaries and coastal environments;
- working with industry and local communities to minimise environmental impacts;
- introducing industry and communities to sustainable technologies and behaviours.
To achieve these positive outcomes, OceanWatch Australia works in partnership with the Australian seafood industry, federal and state governments, natural resource managers, private enterprise and local communities.
OceanWatch Australia has three funding sources; a voluntary contribution from the seafood industry, federal and state government grants and through fundraising activities.
In 2012 the OceanWatch team will be working to ensure our community continues to have access to sustainably produced Australian seafood by:
- focusing on projects that restore and protect from degradation the ecosystems on which the Australian seafood harvest depends;
- highlighting within the community the value of these ecosystems to the Australian seafood industry;
- continuing to facilitate the adoption of best practice throughout the Australian seafood industry.